We must let go of the life we planed, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. Joseph Campbell


Saturday, June 12, 2010

Real Food for Babies

I recently read Real Food for Mother and Baby by Nina Planck. A great book with research and personal experience about giving babies good food from the beginning. I plan to start giving my twins real food this month. They will be 6 months old at the end of June. I have never subscribed to the baby food jar method for many reasons, but mainly because it's expensive and wasteful. I also didn't give my kids juice, they drank water, nursed or whole milk. I occasionally gave my kids diluted juice if they were constipated ( didn't happen often).
My husband is an avid hunter and we get some of the wild game made into sausage and pepperoni. All of our children used frozen pepperoni sticks as teethers, my husband is quite proud of that fact. I did use a hand held food grinder some, but I usually just mashed up food with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment